Change To The Start of School Day Monday 26th November 2018
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are writing to inform you about some important changes to the start of the school day at Little Parndon. The changes will affect drop off, lining up and our current reading and maths mornings for KS1.
Making Little Parndon a safe, purposeful and enjoybable place to be for all our pupils, is a constant priority. We have reviewed the current start of day arrangments and have made the necessary changes which allow a safe and more productive start to the school day.
From Monday 26th November we will be moving to a drop-off system at the start of day.
EYFS, Years 1,2,3 and 4 will no longer be required to line up.
This will enable pupils to go straight into their classes, where they will be greeted by their Teachers calm, organsied and ready to start their morning activity.
Start of Day Arrangements from Monday 26th November 2018
- EYFS, Years 1, 2 and 3 enter the school through the EYFS gates and make their way around to their classrooms.
- Years 4, 5 and 6 to use the Lower Playground KS2 gate and make their way across the playground to their classrooms. Hockney Class will be met by an adult at the door to the Main Hall, where they usually leave from at the end of the day. Adults will also be positioned on the playground to ensure children go directly to their classrooms.
- Gates will open at 8:40 am and Parents / Carers are asked to drop the children at the designated gates before 8:50 am.
- Gates close at 8.50am Pupils who arrive after this time, will need to report directly to the Main Office to sign in by Parent/Carer, as they do currently.
- Two adults will be on duty at the gates every morning, they will have a notebook to take any messages from Parents/Carers that need to be passed onto the Class Teachers or the Office Staff.
If your child attends our Breakfast Club, they will enter the school as normal and will be taken to their classroom at the end of the session.
KS1 Reading Mornings will be changed to an Open Afternoon Event every Half Term, which will include a range of enjoyable activities to support their learning.
Thank you for your continuted support and understanding in this matter.
Mrs K Clark & Miss J Diggle
Co- Heads of School